In 2003, Dr. Anita Pembleton founded AP Family Life Educational Consulting Svs., Inc. (APFLEC). APFLEC is a mental health organization which helps individuals deal with life issues. The organization offers services, which include counseling and educational training for individuals and families. APFLEC also serves as a resource for churches, community organizations, schools and businesses.
Dr. Anita Pembleton retired from Tyndall Air Force Base as the Director of Airman & Family Readiness after 32 years of Federal service. Dr. Pembleton has been involved in working with families in various capacities in the USA and abroad for a number of years. Dr. Pembleton also served as Clinical Director for Cottage House, a substance abuse and domestic violence treatment center.
As a psychologist, licensed professional counselor and licensed mental health counselor, Dr. Anita Pembleton is certified in a number of specialty areas. These areas include Attachment Disorder, Attention Deficient Hyperactivity Disorder, Play Therapy, Anger Management, Anxiety Disorder, Stress Management, PTSD, Resiliency Treatment and Reunion Reintegration after Deployment. As a Certified Family Life Educator by the National Council of Family Relations, Dr. Pembleton is qualified to teach a wide array of seminars. Dr. Pembleton has been invited to speak to diverse audiences stateside and abroad on numerous occasions and has conducted a wide variety of seminars, conferences and workshops.
To empower individuals, couples, teens and families with the tools to take control of their destiny and become strong, self-sufficient, economically viable members of the community.
To identify and use techniques, procedures and resources necessary to educate, develop, maintain and support low income persons, juvenile delinquency, gang violence, drug awareness, single family housing, counseling, home ownership and housing for the elderly & disabled.
Our Resources and Services
- Numerous workshops
- A myriad of educational programs
- Radio programs
- Marriage and family seminars
- Individualized counseling
- Training, leadership development & mentoring
- Develop community awareness through our resources, website, media, conferences and email newsletters.
- Provide education through seminars, curriculum development and cooperative learning.
- Train families in coping skills through institutes, facilitator trainings, and workshops and seminars.
- Mentor couples through couple-to-couple relationships and small group retreats, who will in turn invest in the lives of others.
- Mentor teens through teen-to-teen relationships and small group ventures, who will in turn impact the lives of other teens.